The Vermont Conference on Christianity and the Arts seeks to equip, encourage, support, and otherwise minister to artists of Christian faith in and around Vermont, and to teach and challenge the Christian church to understand and appreciate the value of art and of artists from a Biblical Christian perspective. Our means to this end include:
- Helping artists and other members of the church consider the relationships between art and faith, and ways one might approach art as an artist who is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Building a nurturing and supportive community (or group of communities) among Christian artists in the region.
- Helping artists pursue excellence in their art.
- Exploring and presenting a Biblical worldview as it pertains to art.
The Vermont Conference on Christianity and the Arts affirms the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and his unique divinity as the son of the Creator God, and affirms the truth of the canon of Christian scripture as the starting point for our understanding of the meaning of art. We affirms that all humans are made in the image of God, and that human creativity is a reflection of that image.
Conference Steering Committee
- Ralph Gerlach
- Eric Taylor
- Kevin Moffat
- Paul Rogers
- Matthew Dickerson
- Elisabeth Ehmann Miller
For more information:
- email: hmca at hungermountain.org
- phone: 802-244-5921